Wordless Wednesday: Frog Oven

Frog Oven on the Farm

I have heard of Frog Bottom Farm, Stone Head in Indiana, Oven Fork in Kentucky and Frog City, Illinois. But I've never seen an outdoor frog oven before! My grandson came upon one and sat for a spell and pondered over the Frog Oven! What a site to behold!

Photos:

My grandsons love frogs and toads. If you'd like to see more photos, visit Frogs and Toads with LadyD 

Books:

One of our favorite children's book is the 1971 Caldecott Honor Book,  Frog and Toad Are Friends by Arnold Lobel



Songs: 

Old Mac Donald, Little Green Frog and Five Little Speckled Frogs!

If you're really interested in frogs from frog bread to frog jokes, a must visit is http://allaboutfrogs.org/ 






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love frogs! And toads too! HAHA!
    There's a store in Raine,La. called Frogcity that I love to visit and see what type of frog items they are selling. This oven is fantastic!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you combine these great books and photos. You always manage to find a photo that fits! That frog oven is so cool!

    ~Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the frog oven!

    Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!