Wordless Wednesday: Off the Beaten Path

Off the beaten path... a new trail!


Wordful Wednesday:



20 kid-lit books off the beaten path:

 

I was pleased to see this beautiful children's counting book (with colorful illustrations)  My Granny Went To Market by Stella Blackstone on Offbeatmama.com

 

Then you'll find http://www.steamboatbooks.com/kids-next-lists for recycled books, book clubs and more!

 

Plus, there's a beautiful blog called (of course), Off The Beaten Path

 

From the Editors of Reader's Digest

 

Off the Beaten Path: A Travel Guide to More Than 1000 Scenic and Interesting Places Still Uncrowded and Inviting

Have you ever found yourself off the path? Perhaps have slipped along the way? Maybe you've blazed a new trail!! 


MY PATH IN THE WOODS 

I went for a walk

after the snow

and I knew others had been there before

for the path I was on

was well beaten down

and it held my attention

no more



For the path well-trod

leads to despair

and is surfaced with dusty schemes

The path I prefer

I'll carve it myself

and pave it with elegant dreams



Yes

I once walked there

on the path well-trod

but my footprints I never could find

for they were all mixed and mingled therein

with the others

I walked behind



So I left the path

and I walked in the woods

and when I turned I could see

the most beautiful trail there in the snow

created only by me



My trail wasn't straight

nor was it wide

it wandered where ever I pleased

but the beauty I saw

could never be seen

from that well-trod path through the trees



Alone in the woods

I shed a tear

and gave the Lord thanks that day

for just one thing He gave to me

-the courage

to break away



But the tear that I shed

wasn't really for me

‘twas for the many who fear to be free

from the well-trod path

that shackles their souls

and shrouds their destiny



For on the well-trod path

nothing can grow

save for a few dusty schemes

But on the trail you carve yourself

you'll find

the most elegant dreams
Marty Rickard 


I'd like to give a Shout Out to The Blog Guidebook! I am a follower and have learned lots from them!



Happy WW! On the trail, what have you found along the way?






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis





My Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. Such a cute picture!
    http://www.bywordofmouthmusings.com/2011/10/howlerific-halloween-wordy-wordless-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for linking up to tina´s ww :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovethat photo! I'm blog hopping from Beck Valley Books. New follower. Pls visit my blog & follow me, too. I have a book giveaway going on now! Growing Old With Grace http://growing-old-with-grace.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya, great blog! I'm a new follower. I'm doing the blog hop with Beck Valley Books.
    Feel free to follow me back

    http://abookfromsnowyriver.blogspot.com

    Kris :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun to take a walk off the path, even for just a bit.

    ~Mimi

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!