India Sky

For Skywatch Friday

I caught this pretty sunset facing west, towards the outskirts of the property, near our neighbor's fan palm. I've noticed lots of them around southern California and they always look so cute as baby trees and then they become huge giants later on. This particular sky reminds me of a children's picture book.

Indian Tales
 About The Book:

Venture to a country that is bursting with color, life and contrasts in these lively folk tales. The eight stories in this anthology, each from a different Indian state, feature educational facts and information about the cultures from which they are chosen.
Ages 8 and up 

Retold By: Shenaaz Nanji
Illustrated By: Christopher Corr


 Book Beginnings

"Welcome to India! You are about to enter a country that is bursting with color, life and contrasts... You will read about magical spirits in the mountains of the northeast; sneaky robbers and brave heroines in the heart of the Indus Valley."-- from Indian Tales
I enjoyed learning some fun facts about each of the states the stories came from.

Page 56 at Freda's

" When Priya woke up, she was hungry. She brought down her bundle from the branch of the banyan and untied it. The rice was gone and in its place was an empty clay bowl. She held the bowl in her hands, and her eyes filled with tears. "Who ate my food?" she cried." -- from Indian Tales

I believe I mentioned that our granddaughter is visiting. The memories are spectacular. We are so happy. Our refrigerator is happy with food but then our cat, well let's just say a bit happy to see little people around. 

As you can see, I'm behind in cleaning up scattered toys and meeting blog deadlines. But hey, they are only little once and then they grow up to be big peeps, like big fan palms! 

Warmly,






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis

Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous capture of light and contrasts. Yes, giant monsters the palm becomes.

    Good book review...must check it out for my grandies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, indeed those palms become giant monsters!

      Delete
  2. Your grandlittle is a sweety pie! And I love that sky shot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I love the expression, 'grandlittle.'

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Miranda. I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Gary, very kind of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww what a cutie! i've always been intrigued by india. but anyone can relate to missing food! :)

    it's been a while since my last visit! i always seem to be so late with my friday 56s! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sky and fan palm shot! Quintessential California.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!