Foggy Valley

Foggy Valley: LadyD Books

 The temperatures have cooled down somewhat and finally, the humidity is leaving us. Beach fog, familiarly called 'Coastal Eddie,' swooped in and filled up the inland valley the other day.

Hill Top Fog: LadyD Books

I've seen thicker fog banks but this was a welcomed site, bringing hot temps from in the 90s down to refreshing 80s temperatures.













House on the Hill: LadyD Books

I remember using the bright lights on motor vehicles, used in foggy conditions to improve road visibility and to warn others of one's presence. It seems low beam worked best in this situation for me.













View of the Valley: LadyD Books

This photo reminds me of a fogbound forest. The valley is enveloped and obscured by the fog. I can imagine similar sites over in Europe or for that matter, anywhere.













Fog Lifting: LadyD Books

There is a town in southeastern Italy called Foggia; population 160,000 but this isn't it. I live in SoCal near a beautiful mountain range. As you can see, the fog is burning off.










ship with fog horn by the bridge

When visiting Maine and San Francisco, I recall hearing foghorns, a device making a loud, deep sound as a warning to ships in the fog.



Birds on the telephone wire: LadyD Books

 Nearby where I live, you'll find a flock of birds chatting amongst themselves regarding the local news, while waiting for the fog to lift.














white flower: LadyD Books

Lily's of some type burst with new growth every spring and summer in these parts. White seems to stand out contrasted with all these gray skies.














White eppie flower in bloom: LadyD Books

The white "eppie" is one of my favorites I'm sharing with you for Floral Friday Fotos.

grandson playing by the pond: LadyD Books

It's amazing to me, how you can give a kid a simple wind-up toy that's about 1" long and here you'll find my grandson being entertained by the pond for hours. Photo for Color Connection.

The Friday 56 (Book Meme)

I've been reading the hardcover book that my aunt gave me awhile back; The O'Reilly Factor For Kids. She thought I might like it and could find some cool tips and insights to share with my 4 grandchildren. Bill O'Reilly shares a note from a viewer that is found on page 56... I find it sad to read.

"Nowadays, you have to have a boyfriend and be going all the way with him! Then on top of that, you have to do drugs, drink and smoke! -- Anonymous

The O'Reilly Factor for Kids: A Survival Guide for America's Families

Being a music educator, I just love hearing about some great kids out there and to hear of their wonderful personal goals and community achievements. Life is short, make it count. Do what matters!

Lastly, I want to thank Juli for mentioning LadyD Books awhile back, so kind of you! Please visit her wonderful blog at http://universeinwords.blogspot.com/2012/08/inspiring-friday.html

Today,  LadyD Books is linking with the following:











“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

17 comments:

  1. God, I hope that's not what kids are learning nowadays!!
    Love those foggy valley shots and that pretty, delicate flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful foggy photos!! I can't decide whether the fourth or the fifth is my favourite! I will just have to go look again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First thing I thought of was Europe too! Love the foggy layering passing through the valley! Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice layers of fog, so peaceful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice foggy day, beautiful flower, and a touching photo of your grandson and awakening thought. Dropping by from color connection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your foggy photos, and your Friday 56 quote was rather shocking! Why would anyone say that?
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked, too. Remember, it was kids that were writing in about their feelings to the author. Rather sobering!

      Delete
  7. I'm glad it's cooling down! The photos are lovely. Love your candid shot of your grandson! As for the quote, unfortunately reality can be pretty shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fogpictures, - it makes the landscape mysterious!
    Great serie of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful fog pictures and the flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and interesting series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your foggy photos make me feel cooler on this warm evening. I was in the San Diego area once when the fog rolled in and it was very refreshing.

    That is a rather shocking quote. One has to hope that not all teens believe that message.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those were are amazing pictures I wish I could go there and admire the scenery Blogging Profits Unleashed

    ReplyDelete
  13. The foggy valley view is gorgeous!

    Color Connection linky is up now, come and join again.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!