Friday 56 Meme: The Heart of the Artist

Cover of "The Heart of the Artist"Cover of The Heart of the Artist Dear Readers,


Another week has gone by, my how time flies. Hope you're enjoying these summer days. Can you believe some of the schools in California have started back! Others will be attending their first day during the last week of August. How about where you live? For me, I can remember returning to school one week after Labor Day. Whichever school calendar you will be on, I wish you a wonderful school year. I will begin teaching all ages to play the piano again this September.
And of course, you will always find me reading a book or two with my grandsons.


This week, one of the books closest to me has sold over 100,000 copies.


Guide for Friday 56 Meme:

* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions 
on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*
Post a link along with your post back to this blog Starting Fresh and to Storytime with Tonya and Friends
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


Here's Mine:
 "Boasting is the way some people cope with insecurity."
From: Heart of the Artist: a Character-Building Guide for You and Your Ministry by  Rory Noland

"I wish I had your gift!" 

How do you handle those words as a creative artist? Somewhere between pride and self-abasement lies true humility-just one aspect of the balanced character God wants to instill in you as an actor, a musician, a visual artist, or other creative person involved in ministry. God is interested in your art and your heart.


 Happy Reading,
 -- LadyD 
“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis



Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. This sounds good!

    Here's mine:

    http://laurelrainsnowswonderland.wordpress.com/2010/08/20/friday-memes-56-and-book-beginnings/

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!