Wordless Wednesday: East Meets West

LadyD Books: Maine House



 Wordful Wednesday

 I have family who live on the East Coast and the West Coast. No, these photos are not where I live. In reflecting on Katrina, Haiti and now Australia, I am thankful that my home is still standing and pray for those who are now homeless from one of nature's catastrophes. I'm not sure which is worse; floods, fire or earthquakes. To leave you with food for thought, here are a few quotes about houses. (Yes, I participate in Sat Quote It over at Freda's blog on Saturday and yes, I know it's Wednesday, too.) lol

His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking, best, or a pleasant mixture of them all.J.R.R. Tolkien
Houses are built to live in and not to look on.  Francis Bacon, Sr.
I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides and my windows to be stuffed. I want the cultures of all the lands to be blown about my house as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any.  Mahatma Gandhi
It always amazes me to think that every house on every street is full of so many stories; so many triumphs and tragedies, and all we see are yards and driveways.  Glenn Close
  
May you have joy and laughter around your table this evening. May the walls within your home be filled to overflowing with warm day-to-day memories of raising a family. Do enjoy it all. It goes by so quickly. From my home to yours, have a blessed day!



Love, LadyD


“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Some great quotes! Thanks again for the advertisement.
    Love the contrast between the 2 houses. The east is in snow and the west is clear, though I could be wrong. I would much rather be without snow myself.
    http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2011/01/wordless_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those shots are spectacular. Thanks for reminding us to take a moment to think of those facing tragedy today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish mine was the snow free house! Both are beautiful.

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!