Friday 56: Fred Rogers


Rules: Grab a book, any book. Turn to page 56. Find any sentence that grabs you. Post it. Add your (url) post below in Linky @ Freda's Voice It's that simple.  


My sweet mother-in-law gave me this book for my birthday. I remember how much my children enjoyed watching the show, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, when they were young. I've started reading this book and I think my Page 56 for this week is a good one, especially since I just got together with my four grandchildren!

LadyD Books Family



"If the day ever came when we were able to accept ourselves and our children exactly as we and they are, then, I believe, we would have come very close to an ultimate understanding of what "good" parenting means. It's part of being human to fall short of that total acceptance-and often far short. But one of the most important gifts a parent can give a child is the gift of accepting that child's uniqueness."
From-- The World According to Mister Rogers: Important Things To Remember


Fred Rogers: March 20, 1928 - February 27, 2003

Producer, magician, writer, puppeteer, minister, husband, father, Fred Rogers started out in children's television thirty years ago. The direction he trailblazed was the "creation of television programming that spoke, with respect, to the concerns of early childhood, not as adults see it but as children feel it." He has received virtually every major award in the television industry for work in his field, and dozens of others from special-interest groups. Fred Rogers lived in Pennsylvania.

The World According to Mister Rogers: Important Things to Remember





“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis





Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Oh, your grandchildren look wonderful! Don't you love having them all around you? My blog header today has six of my grandchildren on it....

    My kids watched Mr. Rogers, of course, and I can still almost hear his voice as he sings.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful choice, I grew up on him! And beautiful family photo!
    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!