Huevos Rancheros Skies


Eastern sunrise in California: LadyD Books


sun peaking over tops of mountain range

orange sunrise early morning

southern california sunrise with palm trees

I am amazed at these summer skies of southern California. At first I steadied my camera on the rising sun between the two palm trees but then our sun quickly made a fast appearance and I clicked the button. This is the real deal folks. Top photo has no editing on my part. Lucky me to catch the sun's aura glowing warmly over our eastern mountain range. The day promises to be another hot one in July.

How is it where you are?

Photos for Skywatch Friday



For The Friday 56, I'm reading a great cookbook, with a huevos rancheros recipe to go with my sun photo.


"This is a simple version of the traditional Mexican dish. Make it easy with just tortillas, eggs, and salsa, or make it special by adding the extras. You can choose to make it with 1 or 2 eggs per person. To really go all out, add side dishes of beans and Spicy Cantaloupe Salad."

Moosewood Restaurant New Classics

Of course, Moosewood cook Eliana Parra definitely adds some chopped fresh cilantro, scallions and a bit of cayenne with lime juice, oil and vinegar to her dressing poured over sweet cantaloupe.

huevos rancheros
Photo Crdeit: Elise Bauer

Haven't tried this one yet but here's an online recipe for huevos rancheros. This Mexican cuisine consists of fried eggs served with warm tortillas but it's the salsa that makes it so special, I think.

 With all my bell peppers ripening in the garden, I just might give it a try... Have you made huevos rancheros before?







“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
© copyright 2013 – All rights reserved
LadyD Books

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF

Post a Comment

As always, so nice to hear from you!