Review: Mary Engelbreit Peace on Earth



Peace on Earth: LadyD Books


This is a favorite time of year when parents and grandparents are on the look-out for gift giving Christmas books. I have many children's books on my top ten list but here's a new one from Mary Engelbreit, Peace on Earth: Christmas Collection.

  • Book Details:







  • Age Range: 4 - 8 years
  • Hardcover: 40 pages
  • Publisher: Zonderkidz (October 8, 2013)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0310743400
  • ISBN-13: 978-0310743408



    • Amazon Snippet:


    I surely wish with all my heart, This day of Jesus' birth, That peace and love and happiness Soon cover all the earth. Mary Engelbreit rings in the holiday with a Christmas collection that includes many of her favorite carols, the story of Jesus' birth, and beloved poems that touch the heart and celebrate the miracle of the season.


    • My Review:
    Delightful Christmas collection of carols, stories and poems that the author so warmly dedicates to her mother. Mary's richly detailed illustrations are a feast of the eyes. Children will enjoy looking at animals, angels and lots of children. My favorite drawings are the lion and the lamb and the wonderful shepherd. You'll read writings from Blake and Barton and sing a hymn by Alexander, plus Silent Night by Joseph Mohr. The colorful pictures will keep young one's attention while the subject content will be favored by older children. My only disappointment in the book was that I felt the story layout was in random order and didn't flow well with me. It seemed a bit jumbled and mixed up at times. All in all, the book makes a lovely gift for the holiday and the author is truly a very talented artist.

    4/5 stars!

    Peace on Earth, A Christmas Collection








     “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis

    No comments:

    Print Friendly and PDF

    Post a Comment

    As always, so nice to hear from you!