8 Tips Anyone Can Do (Clean)

LadyD Books: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up


"KonMarimethod is the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing. Get the book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo. You will not be disappointed but extremely motivated!




So, I watched the video on YouTube about the KonMari Method and have gleaned a few points I'd like to share with you. 



  1. Tidy in one shot, as quickly and completely as possible.
  2. Sort by category, not by location.
  3. Selection criteria: DOES IT SPARK JOY? (Make sure you touch it. Does it give you inspiration? How does it make my body feel?
  4. Order of tidying: Clothes / Books / Documents / Miscellaneous Items / Momentos
  5. Prioritize your own items first.
  6. Am I happy with that amount of stuff?
  7. Examine your life and how you want to live. How do I want to spend the rest of my life?
  8. Find inspiration with the items you keep.
Another great TedTalk video that I watched, Is Your Stuff Stopping You? really motivated me to get organized! Thanks, Elizabeth Dulemba! Here are a few vital points covered in the 17 min. clip:

  • Stuff makes us feel safe.
  • Stuff gives us the illusion of permanence.
  • The marketing machine tells us we should.
  • Be a conscious keeper.
  • Get rid of it.
  • The stuff we keep affects how we live our lives.
Further Reading (Children's Books)



Happy Reading!

Lady D

 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF

Post a Comment

As always, so nice to hear from you!